Grants from UK Headquarters
We are currently working on a recovery fund to support those groups who have been hit hard by Covid-19. The application process will be part of the upcoming Census. You can find out more here.
Funding for specific areas
- Funding for training
- Funding to support 18-25 year old's gaining Activity Permits
- Funding to support members in financial hardship to take part in international events (non UK Contingent events)
- Funding to support members in financial hardship to take part in UK Contingent events
- Funding to support RN Sea Scouting
- Funding to support non-RN Sea Scouting
- Funding to support Offshore sailing projects
- Funding to support additional needs
- Funding to support Air Scouting
- Funding for Gallantry/Meritorious Conduct Awards
- Funding to support members in financial hardship to take part in international events
General notes about UK HQ Grants
- The majority of grants are provided on a matched funding basis (i.e. the recipient must usually make a financial contribution alongside the awarded grant).
- Applications for activity which has already taken place are never accepted. All applications must be received a minimum of four weeks prior to the event or need, three months for International events.
- Some limits/restrictions are determined by external funders. Others are set by the Scout Grants Committee to ensure the process is fair and that funds do not run out.
- Grants must be paid into charity bank accounts and not individuals.
- Applicants, if eligible, can apply for one grant from each fund per year. Additional applications for the same fund will not be accepted within one year.
We require information and evidence relating to applicant accounts in most cases. We will not fund groups/units etc who are in a position to support themselves. Please read the Scouts Grant Committee reserves policy for full details.
How to apply for a grant from UKHQ
Before applying to the Scout Grants Committee for funding, think about these questionsDiscover the steps you need to take
The Scouts Grants Committee
The Scout Grants Committee is the group of national volunteers who support the management of the grants provided to local Scouts.Learn more about the committee
Advice and support
For further advice on HQ Funds and Grants or the Scout Grants Committee, please contact the team at Headquarters.