Royal Navy Admiralty Fund
Grants up to £2,500
Funding to support Sea Scout Groups and Explorer Sea Scout Units Recognised by the Royal Navy with the purchase of boats and equipment, training courses towards a national governing body award, and other such purposes so as to develop and support Sea Scouting afloat training.
- Applicants are required to contribute 50% towards the cost of the project
- Applicants can receive one grant up to a maximum of £2,500 in any 24 month period
- Applicants may receive less than 50% or £2,500
- Sea Scout Groups and Explorer Sea Scout Units that have been admitted to and remain part of the Royal Navy Recognised Sea Scout Partnership (RNRSSP)
- Groups and Units in the RNRSSP have their own, unique Royal Navy Recognition Number
- Boats and equipment
- Training courses towards a national governing body award
- Other such purposes so as to develop and support Sea Scouting afloat training
- Building projects, including the maintenance of boat sheds and pontoons
- Been admitted to and remain part of the RNRSSP
- Proof that funds would be available to complete the project upon receipt of this grant
- The support of their DC
- A bank account in the name of a Scouting entity
- Completed all conditions of any previous Scouts Grants Committee funding, including monitoring and reporting requirements
- The project must be completed within six months of the grant being awarded
- A report must be submitted upon completion of the project
- All general conditions of Scouts Grants Committee grants must be adhered to
- Applications must be submitted at least 28 days before your project is due to start
- We'll respond to applicants within 14 days
The Memorandum of Agreement between The Scouts and The Royal Navy outlines the agreement relating to funding the Royal Navy Recognised Sea Scout Partnership.
Changes agreed but not reflected in the MOA:
- Jan 2023: Maximum grant value £2,500
This scheme is wholly funded by the Royal Navy. Changes to the scheme’s current purpose, limits, and restrictions may be made at any time.
This grant is available only through the Scouts Grants Committee. Please do not apply to the Royal Navy directly.