Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit the all about cookies website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit the following website.
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
The Data Protection act
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner's website.
If you want to contact us to raise any questions about this privacy statement, or any general matters relating to www.scouts.org.uk, you can contact us using this email address: email@example.com.
Please use this address if you wish to request from us a copy of the personal data we hold about you. Please note that under English law we are entitled to charge you a fee for providing this service.
- Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system
- Screen colors (color processing ability of the users screen)
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address
- Can include country, city, state, region, county, or any other geographic data.
- Bandwidth (internet connection speed)
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site statistics
- The website (URI) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data is only used to optimise our website for our visitors.
This data DOES NOT include any personalised identification information such as:
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Mailing addresses
- Bank account numbers
- Credit card information
You can read the Scout Association Data Protection Policy. Also to get in contact with The Scout Association with regards to a Subject Access Request (SAR), please email firstname.lastname@example.org