Funding up to £500
Funding to support additional needs – Up to £500
Open to both young people and adults with additional needs.
- Provision of portable equipment, e.g. ramps, induction loop systems, play equipment
- Translators, signers for large events or adult training, provision of appropriate signage and information systems at events
- Training for volunteers to support those with additional needs in Scouting e.g. Makaton or BSL training
It does not cover permanent adaptions to buildings.
Grants to support those with additional needs to take part in Scouts
Grants that encourage and promote equity, diversity and inclusion.
We have one fund to help support young people (aged 6-25) and adults who need assistance to take part in Scouts because of their additional needs.
The Additional Needs Grants Programme
The Additional Needs Grant Programme supports individuals with additional needs and supports the development of Scouts for those with additional needs. The Programme can help support the following:
- provision of portable equipment - ramps, wheelchairs, induction loop systems, play equipment and similar items and mobility or other equipment - in order that individuals can participate in Scouts activities
- translators, signers for large events or adult training, provision of appropriate signage and information systems at events
- training to support volunteers to support those with additional needs in Scouting e.g. Makaton or BSL training
We cannot fund any adaptations to buildings that support members with additional needs.
Applicants are eligible for one grant award each financial year. Grants are to cover a maximum of 50% of the costs of equipment, training or service.
Evidence requirements for this fund:
- The cost of the project
- How much Local Scouting is contributing