Caving and mine exploration
Caving and mine exploration delivered as Scout-led activity falls within the Adventurous Activity Permit Scheme, see rule 9.7.
18.104.22.168 These rules apply to:
- all caving systems (excluding show caves)
- all mine exploration (excluding working show mines)
22.214.171.124 The leader holding the permit must ensure that before the party sets out it must:
- have received adequate instruction in equipment and safety procedures
- be carrying the appropriate equipment.
126.96.36.199 The leader holding the permit must have:
- taken advice on local knowledge, weather conditions and party size
- considered the use of local or professional guides.
188.8.131.52 No underground activity must not be undertaken by a party of fewer than four.
184.108.40.206 A detailed plan must always be left on the surface with a responsible person in the host area. Route plans produced locally must contain at least the same information as the UK Headquarters template (FS120451).
220.127.116.11 The plan should be cancelled or collected when the activity is completed.
18.104.22.168 All mines used for mine exploration must have a current inspection report covering the sections used that must be accessible to, and have been read by, the permit holder.