15: Promoting Positive Behaviour
This module is aimed at all section leaders and other adults supporting young people in Scouting. It aims to enable adult volunteers to proactively promote positive behaviour and appropriately manage challenging behaviour in their section.
- Defining challenging behaviour.
- Planning for positive behaviour; principles and strategies.
- Responding to challenging behaviour.
- Additional help and support for challenging behaviour.
- Young People First: Code of Practice (Yellow Card)
- Guidance on promoting positive behaviour
- POR Chapter 2: Equal Opportunities Policy
- POR Chapter 15: Suspensions and Dismissals
- Anti-bullying guidance and resources
- Guidance on additional needs
- Scouting Speaks to All: A Leaders Guide to Speech, Language and Communication Needs
- One to one
- Small group
15: Promoting Positive BehaviourDownload the module workbook