Start the Essential Information trainingBegin the online course
Essential Information Training
Essential Information is great training for all adults involved in Scouts as it provides information on Scouts history, our fundamentals such as the Promise and Law, how to keep everyone safe and more about our structure and how Scouts are inclusive.
It’s independent learning, so you don’t have to attend a course to complete it.
Who should complete the training?
Almost all volunteers in Scouts need to complete this training. You can check the Appointments: Table 2 document which lists all roles and their training requirements to see if you are required to complete it.
What does this training include?
There are five lessons in the module and an assessment at the end. You’ll need to score 100% in the assessment to unlock the certificate of completion.
What are the training objectives?
By doing this e-learning, you’ll:
- Understand the basics of Scouts’ volunteer training scheme.
- Learn about our movement’s history
- Explore the fundamentals of Scouts and how to bring them to life.
- Understand the importance of the Safety and Safeguarding policies in keeping people safe while in the Scouts.
- Learn about our structure, and find out where you fit within Scouts and the support that’s available
- Understand the Equal Opportunities policy, and how to make sure every member feels included and able to fully participate in Scouts.
Want to know more about this training?
Read our FAQ's below
Appointments: Table 2
The modules that you need to complete depend on the role that you are taking on. To find out the modules you need, visit Appointments: Table 2 which lists all of our roles and the appointment requirements.Discover your role requirements