Before you attempt Stage 4, you need to have completed all the steps for Paddle Sports Stage 3.
Choose 1 of the following options:
Complete the following requirements:
- Choose two of the disciplines below and paddle your vessel for at least 200m in each:
Choose from K2 (two-man kayak), K4 (four-man kayak), C2 (two-man canoe), or OC2 (two-man canoe with outrigger).
- Flat water
- White water
- Short boat
- Take part in at least two of the following activities that you have not tried before:
- Time trial
- Wild water
Gain two of the following British Canoeing Personal Performance Awards:
More information about the Personal Performance Awards can be found on the British Canoeing website.
- Canoe Award
- Flat Water Freestyle Award
- Polo Explore Award
- Racing Explore Award
- Flat Water Raft Racing Award
- Sea Kayak Award
- Slalom Explore Award
- SUP Sheltered Water Award
- Surf Kayak Award
- Touring Award
- White Water Award
- Wild Water Racing Explore Award
Requirements can be adapted to suit each young persons abilities. See our guidance on flexibility.