Before you attempt Stage 3, you need to have completed all the steps for Paddle Sports Stage 2.
Choose 1 of the following options:
Complete the following badge requirements, using a different vessel to Stage 2:
- With help, show more than one safe method for lifting and carrying your vessel.
- Demonstrate two different ways of safely launching your vessel.
- Show you can get in and out/on or off of your vessel without help.
- Paddle forwards and backwards in a straight line, keeping good posture.
- Show you can steer around a figure of eight course.
- Show you can stop the vessel safely when it’s moving back and forth.
- Capsize, swim to the shore and empty the boat of water if necessary.
- Assist someone else back into their vessel following a capsize.
Gain the British Canoeing Paddle Explore Award.
More information about the award can be found on the British Canoe website.
Requirements can be adapted to suit each young persons abilities. See our guidance on flexibility.