How to earn your badge:
Reach Grade Five standard for the Associated Board of the Royal School of Music (or similar) on the instrument of your choice or by singing.
Sing or play three different types of song or tune on your chosen instrument. One should be a solo and one should be played with other musicians in an arrangement of your choice. Your performance should be public such as at a group show or church service.
- Demonstrate some of the musical exercises that you use to practice your skills.
- Talk about one of these:
- Your instrument and why you enjoy playing it.
- The songs you sing and why you enjoy singing them.
- Name several well known pieces of music associated with your instrument.
- Name several musicians associated with your instrument.
Talk about your own interests in music, including what you listen to most and how it’s similar or different to the music you play or sing.
Requirements can be adapted to suit each young persons abilities. See our guidance on flexibility.