How to earn your badge:
Reach Grade One standard for the Associated Board of the Royal
School of Music (or similar). It can be on an instrument of your choice or by singing.
Sing or play two different types of song or tune on your chosen instrument. You must perform in front of other people either in Scouting or at a public performance.
- Demonstrate some of the musical exercises that you use to practice your skills.
- Talk about one of these:
- Your instrument and why you enjoy playing it
- The songs you sing and why you enjoy singing them.
- Name a piece of music associated with your instrument.
- Name several musicians who you have heard.
Talk about your own interests in music, including what you listen to most and how it’s similar or different to the music you play or sing.
Requirements can be adapted to suit each young persons abilities. See our guidance on flexibility.