Complete every task to achieve Stage 1, showing that you have thought about the potential risks and how to stay safe for each activity.
Show that you can:
- turn on and log into a computer
- use a piece of software, for example email or a game
- name the main parts of a computer system
- connect a peripheral (for example a scanner or printer) to your computer and use it.
In a creative way of your choice, map out your regular digital actions, such as searches, clicks or posts.
Discuss with other young people what information you leave behind as a result of these digital actions, and whether that is ok or not.
Create a piece of digital media. It could be artwork, a photograph, music or animation.
Learn how to create a secure password and make one of your own.
Use the internet for research:
- decide on an area of interest
- find three websites with content that matches your area of interest
- collect relevant information by printing or saving as files
Share three ways you can respond positively when someone is being unkind or dishonest, including telling an adult if someone is making you feel uncomfortable.
Using your internet research, design a presentation and tell others about what you have found out.
This could be an electronic or paper based presentation.
Requirements can be adapted to suit each young persons abilities. See our guidance on flexibility.