Skip to main content

Gift Aid

Gift Aid made simple. Make the most of Gift Aid for your local Scout Group or your donations to UK Scouts.

Gift Aid is a tax relief set up by the Government to enable charities to claim back 25p for every eligible £1 donation that is made to your charity.

Every Group, District and County/Area/Scottish Region and The Scouts HQ itself is a charity and so they’re able to claim 25% on eligible donations made to them by UK taxpayers. This includes any subscription fees you receive from parents or carers.

With thanks to Greater Manchester North County for their support in creating this guide.


How do I claim Gift Aid for my Group, District or County/Area/Scottish Region?

Top Tips and Further Information

Further Information

For further support or information about Gift Aid, please contact the HMRC Charities Helpline on 0300 123 1073 (open from 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday).