UK Youth Fund
Find out how you can apply for funding to help support young people during the cost of living crisis.
About the Fund
Like many youth organisations in the UK, Scouts have been impacted by the current cost of living crisis.
The UK Youth Fund in partnership with Pears Foundation will provide targeted funding to youth organisations delivering high quality youth work to ensure doors stay open, bills get paid and youth workers receive the salaries they deserve. This will help to ensure young people continue to be supported at this most difficult of times. There is a total of £5 million available through the grant programme, offering 3-year unrestricted grants, of approximately 10% of current turnover of applicant organisations to reflect the current rate of inflation. However, applicants will have an opportunity to explain why they might need funding above and beyond this.
Applications are now open, and will remain so until all funds are distributed.
Please see below points to see if you meet the criteria for the fund.
- You are authorised to apply for the application for funding on behalf of your organisation.
- Applicant organisation is based and delivering in the UK
- Applicant organisation has a turnover of less than £500,000 in the last financial year
- Applicant organisation is a charitable or not-for-profit organisation and can provide a governing document stating this.
- Applicant organisation has as its primary purpose the provision of services benefiting young people. At least 70% of applicant organisations’ beneficiaries must be aged 8 – 25 years old.
- Applicant organisation has been in operation for at least 2 years.
- Applicants must submit with their application at least one year’s full accounts.
- Applicant organisation has the appropriate processes and policies in place to keep young people safe. This must include a Safeguarding and Health & Safety Policy. We may ask to see this if you are awarded funding.
- Applicant organisation has the appropriate insurances, qualifications or affiliations to a governing body. Depending on what you want to do this could include public liability insurance, leaders or instructors with special qualifications or an affiliation to a governing body. We may ask to see these if you are awarded funding.
- Applicant organisation complies with the Equality Act 2010, the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and Data Protection Act 2018, Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012 and all other relevant statutory or regulatory requirements.
Interested in applying?
Use the expression of interest form to register your interest and find out more about the fund.