Funded Growth Projects
All the details that you and your Trustees need to know to make choices about funding development staff, employed on your behalf by Scouts.
- Dedicated support from the Growth & Communities Team who have extensive experience and success working locally to design and deliver a range of focused growth projects.
- Whilst funded projects should mirror the wider Scouts strategic growth objectives, they can be tailored to meet specific local needs and requirements.
- Projects can be designed around the unique circumstances and resources of your area, whether that be an individual or staff team for one or a number of years.
- The project is managed by a dedicated line manager within the Growth & Communities Team.
- Projects will enable greater capacity for growth alongside your current volunteer team.
- Growth will create more places for young people and reduce joining lists.
- Inclusive growth - Supporting you to extend your reach into underrepresented communities to help you be more reflective of local demographics.
- Supporting existing sections - Working with existing groups to be more sustainable, this could be achieved by enhancing your programme or supporting adult/youth recruitment.
- Opening new sections - Support to identify and open new Groups/Sections/Units across your area. New sections can help with long waiting lists and create Scouting opportunities in areas where Scouting doesn’t exist.
- Volunteer recruitment - Recruit new adult volunteers and upskill existing volunteers with recruitment techniques through face-to-face or online workshops.
- Lead Volunteer inductions - Support the induction of Lead Volunteers as required by your project through 1-2-1 meetings, whether face-to-face or online.
- Day to day line management
- All recruitment and onboarding
- Ongoing support by the Growth & Communities Team
- Role specific training by the Growth & Communities Team
- Learning supported by Scouts Learning and Development Team
- HR and management of holidays, sickness etc
- Managed payroll and pensions
- Performance management
- An aligned focused for inclusive growth
- Accountability against objectives in conjunction with the project working group
- Increased flexibility and capacity, can work during times that as a volunteer you may not be available
- Specifically cover your geographical area
- Depending on budget and project, can offer solutions to provide direct support and specific focus
- Partnership led projects supported and run by Scouts and local steering groups (volunteers)
- Project management and planning
- Supply of kit and equipment for the role – IT/technology and home office set-up
Contact the Local Growth TeamFunded Project Enquiries
What support is available near you?
Contact Scouts ScotlandGet in touch
Contact Scouts CymruGet in touch
Contact Scouts Northern IrelandGet in touch
Contact British Scouting OverseasGet in touch