Before you attempt Stage 3, you need to have completed all the steps for Snowsports Stage 2. You then need to complete the following:
Choose 1 of the following options:
Complete the following badge requirements:
- Identify hazards of the mountain environment.
- Show you understand what to do in the event of an accident.
- Show you know and understand the ‘Ski Way Code’ published by the International Ski Federation (The F.I.S.)
- Understand the effects of extreme temperature in cases of frostbite, hypothermia, sunstroke, heat exhaustion and dehydration. Explain how they are avoided and treated.
- Choose and complete two of the following:
- Demonstrate a sequence of 10 linked turns
- Complete a free run down a moderate to hard slope (red) showing balance, control, good choice of line and awareness of other people on the slope
- Complete a 3km cross country ski route on a prepared track
- Complete a 500m cross country ski route on varied terrain
Gain a Personal Activity Permit for Snowsports.
Find out more about the Adventurous Activity Permit Scheme.
Requirements can be adapted to suit each young persons abilities. See our guidance on flexibility.