How to earn your badge:
Identify different types of snowsports.
Name three places you could safely take part in snowsport activities.
Take part in a warm up activity to prepare you for a snowsport activity such as skiing or snowboarding.
This should be an appropriate warm up for your upper, middle and lower body.
Dress properly for your chosen activity.
Show you know the importance of helmets and how to put one on correctly.
Take part in a taster session that covers:
- Naming equipment used
- How to get in and out of your skis or snowboard
- Balancing on your skis or snowboard
- Moving around on your skis or snowboard including;
- Moving in a straight line
- Controlling your speed
- You can meet most of these requirements without leaving the warmth of your meeting place. It's great to do them as part of a practical activity (on either a natural or artificial slope) if you can, though.
Requirements can be adapted to suit each young persons abilities. See our guidance on flexibility.