How to earn your badge:
Make and fly a model aeroplane, three different types of paper glider, a hot air balloon or a kite.
Choose 3 of these:
- Fly in an aircraft and tell the rest of your section about it.
- Name and identify the main parts of an aeroplane
- Identify six airlines from their markings.
- Name and identify different types of aircraft (such as powered aeroplanes, airships, gliders or unmanned aircraft)
- Collect and identify six pictures of different aircraft. Share them with others in your section.
- Explain how different weather conditions can affect air activities.
- Meet someone who flies regularly and talk to them about their experiences.
Send a simple message using the phonetic alphabet.
Visit an airfield, air display or air museum.
Know the dangers involved in visiting an airfield.
Requirements can be adapted to suit each young persons abilities. See our guidance on flexibility.