Water Facilities and Training Centres
- The Lochgoilhead Centre offers a diverse range of activities as well as training opportunities.
- For more information telephone 01301 703217 or fax 01301 703562
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Adventure Dolphin, Pangbourne
- Offers a wide range of canoeing courses and trips both in the summer evenings and at weekends in addition to 'dry' activities such as rock climbing, abseiling and mountain biking.
- Contact: Adventure Dolphin, County River Centre, Dolphin House, Whitchurch Road, Pangbourne, Reading, Berks. RG8 7DA. Telephone: 0118 9843162
Longridge Scout Boating Centre
- This is a scout boating centre, and in addition to camping facilities, offers canoeing, sailing, pulling and power boating.
- Contact: Longridge Scout Boating Centre, Quarry Wood Road, Marlow, Buckinghamshire. SL7 1RE. Telephone: 01628 483252
Horseshoe Lake, Sandhurst
- A commercial organisation offering canoeing, sailing and wind surfing.
- Contact: Horeshoe Lake Watersports Centre, Mill Lane, Sandhurst, Berkshire GU17 7SS. Telephone: 01252 871808 Web: watersport.freeuk.com
There is a high concentration of outdoor training centres in the Cumbria area, including the Lake District. For more information contact the British Canoeing bcu.org.uk
Sutton Bingham Scout Sailing Centre
- A RYA-recognised teaching establishment run jointly by Dorset and Somerset Scouts
- Approximately 20-acre reservoir of B1 waters, use of club facilities, safety boat cover, clubhouse, galley
- There scout-owned dinghies, access to club owned crafts.
- Qualification training up to RYA dinghy seamanship skills level and RYA safety boat level
- The scout-owned boats are also available for hire to suitably authorised leaders
RYA principal: 01935 475893
Boat hire: 01308 485433
Longcraig Scout Centre
- The east of Scotland's only scout-operated water activity centre, nestled under the shadow of the Forth bridges, provides expertise and equipment for a wide range of water activities, and RYA training courses for sailing and powerboating. The centre boasts a small fleet of kayaks, Wayfarer, Topper and Pico sailing dinghies and a devon longboat and, of course, safety boats to back all this up. Run by volunteers, the centre is available evenings and weekends from April to October and other times upon request (with advance notice).
- For bookings call the South East Scotland Scouts Headquarters on 0131 441 1878. Alternatively, visit the website,
- The River Wye offers a wide range of Scouting and commercial resources along this course. For groups planning a trip down the Wye we would suggest you refer to the Department of Environment Booklet: Canoeing on the River Wye, price approx. £5.00.
- Also, British Canoeing has two representatives covering the navigable reaches of the Wye.
- Coach education courses for open canoe and kayak.
- The courses range from British Canoeing Coach Level 1 to Coach Level 3 assessment in both disciplines along with Canoe Safety Test and Aquatic First Aid. They have two British Canoeing contracted course providers and several level 3 coaches in both disciplines
- Contact: 01484 603126