How to earn your badge:
Be a member of Explorer Scouts for at least six months.
Complete six nights away as an Explorer Scout of which four must be camping.
Nights away must be different from any other nights away used in the other sections of this award.
Complete two activities from the International, Community and Values list.
The two activities should come from different areas of the Platinum ICV list.
Choose 1 of the following options:
Hold the Bronze Duke of Edinburgh's Award
Complete the four Platinum Scout Challenges, which are:
- Take up a skill for three or six months*, and show progress and lasting interest. The skill can be an existing interest or something entirely new
- Take up a physical activity for three or six months*, completing an agreed programme of taking part and achievement
- Provide service to an individual or the community for three or six months*.
Briefing and training should be given in order to gain the necessary skills. This can include helping with another section as a Young Leader.
- Complete a two day and one night expedition in rural country by foot, cycle, horse, canoe, boat or dinghy.
The expedition should involve careful preparation, training, responsibility and review.
- Members must undertake an extra three months in any of the skills, physical recreation or service challenges.
- Remember, you can't use nights away from your expedition or ICVs towards the Nights Away requirement.
Requirements can be adapted to suit each young persons abilities. See our guidance on flexibility.