The Chief Scout's Diamond Award is the highest of the Chief Scout's Awards, and the final step before the Queen's Scout Award.
To gain the Chief Scout's Diamond Award, members must complete the following:
Be a member of Explorer Scouts or the Scout Network or both for at least 12 months.
This can include any time counted for the Chief Scout's Platinum Award.
Complete 12 nights away as an Explorer Scout or member of the Scout Network, of which eight must be camping.
This may include the nights counted for the Chief Scout's Platinum Award. Nights away must be different from any other nights away used in the other sections of this award.
Complete four activities from the International, Communities and Values listComplete four activities from the International, Community and Values (ICV) list. This should include at least one from each area of the list, and can include activities you completed for the International, Community and Values list for your Chief Scout's Platinum Award'.
Choose 1 of the following options:
Hold the Silver Duke of Edinburgh's Award.
Complete the four Diamond Challenges:
- Take up a skill for three or six months*, and show progress and lasting interest. The skill can be an existing interest or something entirely new.
- Take up a physical activity for three or six months*, completing an agreed programme of taking part and achievement.
- Provide service to an individual or the community for six months*.
Briefing and training should be given in order to gain the necessary skills. This many include helping with another section as a Young Leader or regularly helping at in the community at places such as a soup kitchen or animal shelter.
- Complete a three day and two night expedition in rural or open country by foot, cycle, horse, canoe, boat or dinghy.
The expedition should involve careful preparation, training, responsibility and review.
- All Members should complete six months in either the physical activity or the skill.
- Members who have not completed the Bronze Duke of Edinburgh's Award or the Chief Scout's Platinum Award must undertake an extra six months in either the Service Challenge or the longer of the Skills or Physical Recreation Challenge (so 12 in total).
- Remember, you can't use nights away from your expedition or ICVs towards the Nights Away requirement.
Requirements can be adapted to suit each young persons abilities. See our guidance on flexibility.