Everyone has to start somewhere, and practice makes perfect. Hone your skills over a six-week period, and see how quickly you’ll soar!
How to earn your badge:
Regularly take part in physical activities over a period of four to six weeks.
Keep a record showing your improvement. Your goal could be to develop in an activity or successfully complete a challenge.
Physical activity/challenge suggestions:
- circuit training
- football skill training
- aerobic routine
- synchronised swimming routine
- Zumba aerobics
- tap dancing
- team sports
- charity swim
- long distance cycle ride
- incident hike
- athletic event
- pool life-saving test
- dance competition
Show you understand why eating a sensible diet and getting enough sleep is important.
Do some research so that you can explain the dangers and harmful effects of smoking, alcohol and drugs.
Learn and use at least five of these skills:
- Mend or customise an item of clothing
- Cook and serve a two-course meal, for at least four people
- Fix a puncture or a dropped chain on a bike
- Wash up after a meal, making sure everything is clean and dry
- Use a washing machine to wash a load of clothes
- Iron your uniform shirt
- Change a lightbulb, in a ceiling light
- Set a heating timer and thermostat as needed for the time of year
- Clean a toilet, hob or oven
- Do another similar home skill
Take part in at least three activities that require a number of problem solving skills.
Requirements can be adapted to suit each young persons abilities. See our guidance on flexibility.