Discover the true meaning to the world’s different faiths, so you can find common ground in your personal relationships,
How to earn your badge:
Complete one of these activities (Part 1):
- Visit a place of worship for a faith that you are not familiar with.
Find out the differences between this building and another place of worship.
- Attend a festival or event linked to a faith that you are not familiar with.
Complete one of these activities (Part two):
- Learn about the life of a founder or a prominent leader of a faith.
You could learn about people like Prince Siddhartha Gautama, Mohammed, Jesus Christ or a saint such as St George.
- Find out about someone whose faith has had a significant impact upon their life.
Read a text from a faith that you are not familiar with.
Show or discuss how this compares to your own beliefs.
Find out how following the teachings of a particular faith affects an individual’s daily life.
This could include food or dietary laws, rituals, prayers and worship, or religious observances.
- There are lots of places of worship young people could visit for number 1, including a Gurdwara, Temple, Mosque, Church or Synagogue.
Requirements can be adapted to suit each young persons abilities. See our guidance on flexibility.