Discover the true meaning to the world’s different faiths, so you can find common ground in your personal relationships,
How to earn your badge:
Complete one of these activities (Part 1):
- Attend a festival or event linked to a faith that you are not familiar with.
- Visit a place of worship for a faith that you are not familiar with.
Find out the differences between this building and another place of worship.
Complete one of these activities (Part two):
- Learn about the life of a founder or a prominent leader of a faith.
You could learn about people like Prince Siddhartha Gautama, Mohammed, Jesus Christ or a saint such as St George.
- Find out about someone whose faith has had a significant impact upon their life.
Read a text from a faith that you are not familiar with.
Show or discuss how this compares to your own beliefs.
Find out how following the teachings of a particular faith affects an individual’s daily life.
This could include food or dietary laws, rituals, prayers and worship, or religious observances.
- There are lots of places of worship young people could visit for number 1, including a Gurdwara, Temple, Mosque, Church or Synagogue.
There is a wealth of videos and animations which explore specific elements of different religions eg. What is it like to go Hajj, or what happens at Passover specifically aimed at young people. BBC Bitesize
Requirements can be adapted to suit each young persons abilities. See our guidance on flexibility.