Master your pioneering skills in using ropes, wooden spars and knots. Become a key member of your team as you create amazing structures.
How to earn your badge:
As a member of a group, take part in:
- an indoor pioneering project, like constructing a guided missile launcher or chariot
- an outdoor pioneering project, like building a monkey bridge, a raft or parallel runway
Show the correct way to do these:
- a whipping or safe rope sealing
- a splice
- coiling and storing a rope
- using levers to extract objects or move heavy weights
- being safe in pioneering projects. Explain why it’s important.
Name and tie at least six knots and three lashings that are useful in pioneering.
Requirements can be adapted to suit each young persons abilities. See our guidance on flexibility.