Make a difference a play an active part in improving the environment in your local area. Complete the badge and help protect the environment for future generations.
How to earn your badge:
Find out about an environmental issue that is important to your local community.
It might be linked to:
- recycling and conservation
- energy efficiency in the home or your meeting place
- the building of new homes and local land use
- water, light, thermal, air or beach pollution
- coastal erosion
- the impact of tourism on the local environment.
Take part in an activity or project that improves local conservation.
It could take place during a weekend conservation camp or you could spread it over at least five weekly sessions.
You could look at:
- reducing energy usage or renewable energy
- protecting important habitats or wildlife
Get involved in a campaign to make others aware of an environmental issue.
You could write to your MP and other local agencies or speak to a community group.
Requirements can be adapted to suit each young persons abilities. See our guidance on flexibility.