Early Years Data Protection - information for parents
The Scouts family consist of a number of independent charities which consist of your local Scout Group and the national charity known as The Scout Association (TSA). We refer to this family as The Scouts. This is important to understand as, due to the independent nature of The Scouts, each charity has its own obligations to follow the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
This data is processed between your local group and The Scouts HQ. Information the Scouts hold about you and your child may include the following:
- name and contact details
- details of any youth badges and awards
- details of Scouting events and activities you have taken part in
- details of next of kin or parents details (in the case of youth members)
- age/date of birth
- details of any health conditions
- details about your role(s) in Scouting
Further optional personal data may also be processed to assist The Scouts in monitoring its impact, such as:
- race or ethnic background and native languages
View the full agreement that exists between the local Scout Group and the Scouts.