Giving your time goes along way. Join us in making sure our activity centers continue to inspire.
How to earn your badge:
Work for at least five days (on at least two different occasions) at a Group, District, County, Area or National Scout Activity Centre or campsite, helping the warden or manager however they need you.
Explain the maintenance needed for essential campsite equipment.
Do a demonstration, if possible.
Explain and, where possible, demonstrate four of the following:
- Make a booking for someone wanting to use the site
- Show how to restore a camping area after use, including sowing grass
- Show how you prevent pipes freezing during the winter and what steps to take when pipes burst
- The importance of having clean toilets
- Chemicals – what to use and how to use them safely
- How to unblock a drain and prevent further blockages
- The need for good site drainage and keeping ditches clear
- How to dispose of refuse and use an effective recycling system
Requirements can be adapted to suit each young persons abilities. See our guidance on flexibility.