Once you've made your Promise, you'll earn your Membership Award, featuring an image of the fleur de lis. This is the international Scout symbol, worn by Scouts all over the world.
How to earn your badge:
Find out about the Cub Pack:
- Find out about the ceremonies and traditions in your Pack.
- Get to know the other members and leaders in your Six and Pack.
- Find out about the activities that your Pack does.
Find out about joining your Pack:
- Learn and understand the Cub Scout Promise and Law.
Find out what the rules are in your Pack.
- Show that you know about the family of Scouts, worldwide Scouting and the history of Scouting.
- Learn and understand the Cub Scout Motto, Sign, Salute and Handshake.
- Find out what to do at your Investiture.
- Find out the meanings of the badges you will receive.
Become a Cub Scout by making the Promise.
- It’s best to do steps 1 and 2 before you make your Promise and receive your badge.
Requirements can be adapted to suit each young persons abilities. See our guidance on flexibility.