Your body and mind are the most precious instruments you'll ever own. Get the cogs whirring and move your feet! It's time to develop some new skills.
How to earn your badge:
Show a new Beaver how to play a game you know and like.
Take part in three activities on how to keep your body fit and healthy:
- looking after your teeth
- foods that are good and bad to eat
- exercise you could also do something else which you agree with your leader.
Do two creative activities.
- act or mime
- play a musical instrument
- make a model from salt dough
- make up a dance
- paint a picture
- make a card
Learn a new song and sing it.
Learn and use at least three of these skills:
- learn your own address and phone number
- tie your shoelaces
- decorate some cakes or biscuits
- set an alarm clock to get up at the right time in the morning
- fold or roll your scarf
- make your bed
- keep your bedroom tidy
- light a candle
- something similar which you agree with your leader
Invent a machine and show other Beavers how it works.
With a team, complete at least two problem- solving missions set by your leader.
Go somewhere new, then find out five facts about something new.
You must be supervised by an adult when learning and using some of these skills. Make sure that you follow the safety rules, especially for skills like preparing food or lighting a candle.
Requirements can be adapted to suit each young persons abilities. See our guidance on flexibility.