Fall asleep under the stars on your first proper camp. Help animals living in the wild. Learn to identify different animals and plants. Exploring the great outdoors is so much better than staying at home on the Xbox.
How to earn your badge:
Go on a sleepover or a camp with other Beavers, and do at least two of these:
- play a wide game
- cook something on a fire
- help put up a tent
- collect wood and help to build a fire
- sing songs around a fire
- wash up after dinner
- set up your bed and sleeping bag
Learn how to tie three simple knots.
Show that you:
- know what to do if someone has an accident
- know why it is important to tell an adult when an accident happens
- can do simple first aid for someone who has a cut or bruise
Take part in an activity using natural things like leaves, bark, twigs, sand or rocks.
Point out and name five different types of animal, insect, bird or fish that you might find near where you live.
Find out about the food they eat and the places they might live.
Make something to help animals in the wild.
It could be a bird box or a bug hotel.
Requirements can be adapted to suit each young persons abilities. See our guidance on flexibility.