Find activity ideas for occasions and events in October.
- Black History Month (October)
- Green Libraries Week (Monday 2 to Sunday 8 October)
- World Animal Day (Wednesday 4 October)
- World Space Week (Wednesday 4 to Tuesday 10 October)
- National Poetry Day (Thursday 5 October)
- World Mental Health Day (Tuesday 10 October)
- World Food Day (Monday 16 October)
- Recycle Week (Monday 16 to Sunday 22 October)
- JOTA-JOTI (Friday 20 to Sunday 22 October)
- Clocks go back on Sunday 29 October
- Halloween (Tuesday 31 October)
Green Libraries Week (2 - 8 Oct)
Libraries Week is an annual celebration of the best that libraries have to offer. In 2023, it becomes Green Libraries Week and celebrates work around sustainability and climate change.
Badges to try:
National Burn Awareness Day (11 Oct)
Develop your first aid skills and work towards your Emergency Aid Staged Activity Badge.
Activities to try:
- Find out how to help someone who's burned themselves
- Practise how to call 999 in Emergency superheroes
- Test your skills with emergency scenarios