International Service Team (IST) Recruitment: getting ready to build our dream team
Author: Jonathan Bailey, UK Contingent Management Team (International Service Team)
The UK Contingent attending the 25 World Scout Jamboree (25WSJ) in Korea is building a team and making preparations to provide a life shaping experience for thousands of young people from across the United Kingdom and British Scouts Overseas.
You can take a recap of everything we’ve done to date in Our Contingent Leader, Liz’s summer update blog that she shared recently. As Liz mentioned we’ll turn our attentions to finding our fantastic International Service Team (IST) in November.
I know that November still seems a long way away (particularly if you’ve got your heart set on an IST role), so I’m sharing this blog to make sure you feel best prepared to show your stripes when the time comes.
In this blog I want to tell you:
- What the International Service Team (IST) is
- The role IST will play to deliver our UK Contingent Vision
- How the application and selection process will work
- How you’ll be supported to have your roar heard
- That we’re having an IST Webinar on 10 November for interested members
I’ll be sharing more information in November when applications open, including holding an IST Webinar on Wednesday 10 November at 7:30pm where we’ll talk more about the role and what you can expect.
You can register here now to join us at the webinar
Now it’s just waiting until we open applications, but in the meantime, why not...
- get talking to others about applying
- find your sponsor
- follow the UK Contingent on our various social media channels (did you hear we have TikTok?)
- register your interest in IST to be the first to hear when we launch