Funding to support RN Sea Scouting
Funding up to £5,000
Funding to support RN Sea Scouting (Supported through the Royal Navy) – Up to £5,000
Open to RN registered Sea Scout Groups only.
- The purchase of boats and equipment
- Training courses towards a national governing body award
- Other such purposes so as to develop Sea Scouting training
- It does not cover building projects, maintenance of boat sheds or pontoons.
Royal Navy Recognised Groups - The RN Admiralty Fund
If you are one of the 104 Groups or a partnered Explorer Scout Unit currently recognised by the Royal Navy you may apply only to the RN Admiralty Fund.
The fund was created ‘to assist Royal Navy recognised Sea Scout Groups to obtain boats and equipment and to develop Sea Scout Training. This fund requires the Group to contribute 50% towards the cost of the project’.
The fund supports:
- the purchase of boats and equipment
- training courses towards a national governing body award
- other such purposes so as to develop Sea Scouting training
- building projects, including maintenance of boat sheds and pontoons are not covered by the fund.
This fund is wholly financed by the Royal Navy, so changes to its limits and purpose may be made at the request of the funder in future. Please do not apply to the Royal Navy directly for funding as they supply all grants to Scouting through this fund.
Before applying for this grant
Before applying to the Scout Grants Committee for funding, think about these questions.Read how to apply for a grant from UKHQ
PAUSED - Apply for funding to support RN Sea Scouting