There are lots of reasons to open new Groups and new sections in existing Groups. You may be:
- Dealing with a long waiting list.
- Missing sections in your Group.
- Providing Scouts in an area where there isn’t any.
- Responding to changes in your community, like the development of a new school or housing estate.
- Making Scouts accessible to different parts of your community, like opening a section tailored to the Muslim community or starting a new group at a Special Educational Needs school.
Think about the needs in your community. Would opening a new group or section mean that more young people in your community could join Scouts?
If you’ve decided you’d like to open a new group or section, don’t worry about not having enough volunteers. The new provision process will help you find the volunteers you’ll need and get your new Group or section up-and-running.
Alternatively, if you have a small waiting list, why not check out our quick guide to dealing with a waiting list?