Group / District members search email
To: All parents/member associated with [Group / District Name] Scout Group / District
Dear [parent / Guardian / member name],
We need a new team leader!
We think you OR your mum / dad / best friend / neighbour might be perfect for this role.
As the leader of the team we would call you the Group Scout Leader / District Commissioner (GSL / DC)!
In a nutshell, the GSL / DC would be:
- Inspiring and enthusiastic, super resourceful and full of energy
- A problem solver, fantasticteam builder and a leader
- Believe passionately about developing young people and volunteers to be their best
[Group / District name] won’t be the only one to benefit – so what’s in it for you?
This is an opportunity to make a real difference to local young people.
Being a GSL / DC, will look great on your CV, demonstrating to prospective employers that you have some amazing additional skills. Don’t worry if you are new to Scouts, that’s no problem, we will teach you everything you need to know and our award winning training scheme even leads to a certified qualification.
Volunteering with Scouting can be as flexible as you need so if you are worried that you won’t have enough time why not consider a role share within a small team.
We are here to fill you in on the details, so if you want to know more please do get in touch with [name] on [phone number] or email at [email address]
There are a many ways that you can apply or nominate someone else – why not give it a go and try one of them:
- Download the Vacancy Pack which contains a full role description, a nomination form and an application form.
- Click hereto apply/nominate someone using our online form.
- Contact [name and role] at [email address] or [telephone number].
We would love to hear from you by [Date].
Thank you for your time so far and please do shout if you have any queries at all!
On behalf of the [Group Name / District Name] GSL / DC Search Group