Attract new volunteers
Shout about what makes Scouts great, using these attention-grabbing templates and ready-made activities
Scouts grow tall when they’re planted in strong soil. To strengthen community ties and tap into local talent:
- Share vacancies with local volunteers via your nearest Volunteer Centre – search for yours in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
- Reach out to students in your local area.
- Try connecting with local businesses.
- Chat to your local Parish or Town council.
- Talk to your local faith establishments.
- Encourage parents, carers, family members and friends to get involved with Group Get-togethers, Family Rotas, or Family Camps.
- Link up with other volunteer-led organisations and clubs in your area – there may be an overlap of interest, which could lead you to some brilliant new volunteers.
- Use Adult Surveys and Name Generation to tap into local talent.
- Use this ready-made template to send letters to parents and carers, inviting them to give Scouts a go.
- Think about who you know, and who your volunteers know in the local community and within their friendship groups.
Create brilliant adverts
The way we speak about Scouts can make a huge difference – allowing us to reach new audiences and bring brilliant new people onboard as a result.
Use the drop-down boxes below to find out more about what to say and how to say it, using our range of ready-made resources.
Spread the word online
- Connect with people looking for volunteer opportunities in your area, using platforms like doit.life, Volunteer Match, or Idealist Volunteer+
- Promote governance or skill-based roles on Reach Volunteering and Trustees Unlimited
- Extend your reach on social media, sharing vacancies on your Scout or personal account on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn
- Take a look at our social media guidance to optimise your profile(s)
Make the most of online volunteer enquiries
Check out our updated information and welcome pages for new volunteers. Or for managers, log in to review live data for online volunteer enquiries in your areaFind out more
Find brilliant people with doit.life
Look at these live Scout vacancies for an example of doit.life adverts in actionVisit doit.life