Back together safely - latest updates
January 27th 2021
- Update to the readiness level table for Guernsey, moving them to Red.
January 7th 2021
- Update to the FAQs based on the NYA announcement regarding youth workers and key worker status, as well as in response to questions regarding vulnerable young people.
January 5th 2021
- Update to the readiness level table for England based on government announcement on 4th Jan and addition of Gibraltar.
January 4th 2021
- Update to the readiness level table for Northern Ireland moving to amber on 31st December2020.
December 24th 2020
- Update to the readiness level table in advance of Scotland moving to red on 26th December.
- Update to the readiness level table in advance of Northern Ireland moving to amber on 26th December.
December 23rd 2020
- Update to England variations in the readiness level table applying to all tier 4 locations.
December 21st 2020
- Responding to local and national restrictions guidance updated to reflect recent changes to tier systems across the UK.
- Readiness level table updated to specify which Districts within English Scout Counties are in Red.
December 20th 2020
- Updates to the readiness level table for England and Wales where areas have been placed in Tier 4 moving those areas to Red.
- Updates expected for Scotland and Northern Ireland with effect from 26th December, available from 24th December for information.
December 19th 2020
- We are aware there are now various different lockdowns coming in across the UK at different times over the coming weeks. We will post a full update soon on what that will means for the delivery of Scouting.
December 17th 2020
- COVID safe first aid training guidance now available and members able to deliver face to face first response validation sessions in Amber and Yellow. FAQs updated to support these changes.
December 16th 2020
- Scotland - updates to face coverings based on latest government guidance, see readiness level table and protecting ourselves and others guidance for full details.
December 11th 2020
- Scotland move areas from Amber to Yellow in line with government updates to levels.
- Northern Ireland - updates to adult group sizes and face coverings based on latest government guidance, see readiness level table and protecting ourselves and others guidance for full details.
- Working safely with the public guidance updated to reflect changes to government guidance.
December 2nd 2020
- England move to Amber.
- Additional FAQ on what essential activities / tasks for adults means.
November 30th 2020
- Confirmation of the changes from lockdown to local tier systems in England. Check the readiness level table has been updated in anticipation of the move to Amber on 2 December.
November 26th 2020
- Following recent announcements regarding the new Tier System for England beginning on 2 December, we're working with the National Youth Agency (NYA) and Government to understand what this will mean for youth activities and will be in touch directly with members in England about this shortly.
- Guidance on nights away and international travel available to help members with forward planning into 2021.
- Programme guidance updated to reflect changes in seasonal activities.
November 20th 2020
- Following updates to areas in Scotland moving into Tier 4 of the Scottish 5 tier system, updates have been made to the readiness level table moving some locations into Amber.
- Update to clarify that Beavers and Cubs are permitted to meet indoors in Wales, but they are not included within the 15 people maximum, social distancing of 2m must still be observed.
November 9th 2020
- Wales returned to Yellow.
November 5th 2020
- Additional clarification on attendance at Remembrance events in England.
- Additional guidance for members in Scotland following the introduction of the Scottish 5 tier system, full details on the impact of this can be found in the responding to local restrictions guidance. This includes updates to the guidance on face coverings which can be found in the protecting ourselves and others guidance.
- England move to Red following recent government announcement of four week lockdown, no face to face activity can take place with young people or adult volunteers. We expect these restrictions to last until 2 December.
November 2nd 2020
- Northern Ireland returned to Yellow.
- What to do when something goes wrong and programme guidance updates following NYA guidance updates relating to reporting COVID cases and mixing groups.
October 23rd 2020
- Wales moved to Red readiness level as a consequence to the local restrictions, this is anticipated until 9 November.
October 19th 2020
- Northern Ireland moved to Red readiness level as a consequence to the local restrictions, this is anticipated at two weeks only.
- Counties in England previously in Red moved to Amber, with the exceptions of those in Tier 3 very high areas.
October 16th 2020
- In response to this weeks government announcements, we have updated the guidance for responding to local and national restrictions. To keep up to date please check the readiness level for your area. If you have any questions please speak with your line manager.
October 12th 2020
- In response to today's government announcements, we will be making changes to our local readiness levels in the coming days. To keep up to date please check the readiness level for your area. We are working on updating the guidance for responding to local restrictions which will be available soon. If you have any questions please speak with your line manager.
October 8th 2020
- Northern Ireland move to Yellow readiness level.
October 6th 2020
- Getting back together safely pages of www.scouts.org.uk changes to make more accessible, documents became web copy and more accessible and searchable. Reduction in volume of information for members.
September 3rd 2020
- Version 2 of the Scout restart framework published to reflect readiness level change to AMBER with the inclusion of indoors (in England), guidance updated to support this change
September 10th 2020
- Scotland move to Yellow, guidance updated to reflect what this allows.
September 24th 2020
- Getting adults back together again – new guidance to support Scout Network and adult meetings, trainings etc, responding to member feedback and changes in government guidance around social activities for adults.
- Minor updates to FAQs and guidance responding to feedback from members.
- Additional guidance for those operating Scouts as part of the curriculum
- England moved to Amber
- Socially distanced programme ideas for sections launched
- Further guidance to support first aid delivery and training, risk assessment support video launched
- Scouts restart framework and initial guidance on returning safely is launched.