People Programme Project Lead
Roles available for various projects to support the people programme and transform the volunteer experience
At a glance
The People Programme
This work will primarily involve delivering new and revised processes, practices, and contents that will shape and support a transformed volunteer journey. To make it easier to manage and deliver, this work is subdivided into 4 themes covering about 20 projects.
The Volunteer Journey
Describes a volunteer’s path whilst volunteering with The Scouts. It starts from the moment they are first recruited and welcomed into the Scouts, through their appointment and induction, training, recognition, and review, until they eventually leave The Scouts.
A list of the projects, the commitment and tasks required and what they are expected to deliver can be found below. You will be asked to indicate which project(s) you are interested in leading when you apply.
Overview of the role
Working in partnership with a staff member and volunteer lead, you'll lead a team of staff and volunteers who'll carry out the tasks required to deliver the outcomes of your project. The scope, objectives and expected outcomes of the project will be agreed with you at the outset, in discussion with the relevant Theme Lead and the Volunteering Transformation Manager.
You will work in partnership with the lead member of staff to deliver the following tasks:
- Set the Project direction within the agreed scope, in order to deliver the agreed objectives and outcomes;
- Recruit and lead a diverse team of volunteers to work together, and in partnership with key members of staff, to deliver the tasks allocated to the project. You will agree the allocation of tasks with members of your team;
- Make appropriate decisions on direction of work within the scope of the project, responding to challenges and changes in direction and seeking guidance and support from the relevant Theme Lead and Volunteering Transformation Manager when appropriate;
- Track progress and report regularly to the relevant Theme Lead.
- Drive forward the project with your team, ensuring the outcomes and outputs are delivered within the agreed timescale.
How to apply
Please read the vacancy pack for more details about the work we're doing to transform the volunteer experience at Scouts, consider which project you'd like to apply to lead and complete the application form.
We're currently recruiting Project Leads for a variety of projects, see the details below. You can apply for one or more depending on what you're interested in. We'd welcome applications from all candidates and we're keen to support you to develop in these roles.
If you're not sure if you meet all of the criteria outlined below - don't worry - it's not essential. Please still get in touch and let us know areas that you'd like to develop as we're happy to help.
Sat, January 1, 2022, 12:00 AM