Roles on our Digital Programme and Project Boards
We're currently recruiting to fill eight key roles on our Digital Programme Board and on the Project Boards for two of our biggest investment areas: Membership Management and Learning Experience.
At a glance
It’s an exciting time at The Scouts. Our digital transformation programme is an ambitious part of our Skills for Life strategy which aims to enable Scouts to become a digital first organisation.
We aim to transform the Scouting experience with digital tools and services for our volunteers, staff and young people which are: Easy, Enlightening, Enabling, Engaging, Enjoyable and Efficient. Our members tell us clearly today that our tools are not good enough and The Scouts are committed to making a step change in how we help our local volunteers
Overview of the role
We're currently recruiting to fill eight key roles on our Digital Programme Board and on the Project Boards for two of our biggest investment areas: Membership Management and Learning Experience:
- Two Digital Programme Board members: One Senior User with current or recent direct experience of supporting local volunteers from a District Commissioner or County Commissioner role, who really understands what will make a difference in attracting, onboarding, developing and retaining volunteers. One Senior Supplier from a strong technology background who can help shape and challenge the underlying technology strategy that brings our digital vision to life.
- Two Membership Management Project Board members: We are looking for two experienced Scouting volunteers who understand how improved digital tools could help make leaders’ lives easier. In filling these Senior User roles, we want to consider a diverse range of candidates from a wide range of geographies.
- A Learning Experience Project Sponsor: We recognise that we need new adult training capabilities. Volunteers need to be able to access the training they need on an any time, any where basis. They need to see easily what training they still need to do, and what needs renewing when. They need to get connected to great ongoing learning opportunities throughout their time in Scouting. To bring this to life we will be investing in a Learning Experience Platform and we are looking for an inspiring leader for this work. They need to be digitally strong and ideally with a proven track record in training / education, either inside or outside of Scouting. They will play a critical role both in our Digital Programme and in our People Programme, linking between the digital world and broader improvements to the way we volunteer in Scouts.
- Three Learning Experience Project Board members: As with the Membership Management Project Board we are looking for creative and experienced Scouting volunteers who understand how improved digital tools could help leader’s learning. In filling two Senior User roles, we want to consider a diverse range of candidates from a wide range of geographies. We are interested in candidates with experience in local Scouting training and / or line management roles. We are also very interested in hearing from people with experience implementing digital Learning Experience platforms elsewhere for a key Senior Supplier role on the Project Board.
Throughout this process we are actively looking to recruit for potential. We encourage applicants with gaps in their CVs, with overseas experience, at the start of their careers and those with refugee status or indefinite leave to remain. We are a creative team and are keen to welcome diversity of background, experience, and skills.
- Attend Board meetings every 4-12 weeks (depending on where key projects are in their lifecycle). Our Boards work largely remotely, via Teams, with no more than one or two face to face meetings each year.
- Ongoing oversight of project outcomes, key stage gates, risks, budget and resources, via Teams / email
How to apply
(You'll need to select which of the roles you are applying for within the application form).
The closing date for applications is: 23:59 Monday 20 September 2021
Successful candidates will be invited to interview before the end of September (subject to schedules) with the first meetings of our Boards with their new members taking place in late October / November 2021. Process
If you'd to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the Digital Programme Sponsor, Andrew Sutherland, at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Attend Board meetings every 4-12 weeks (depending on where key projects are in their lifecycle). Our Boards work largely remotely, via Teams, with no more than one or two face to face meetings each year.
Mon, September 20, 2021, 10:59 PM