60 slots available to support our new Squirrels section
We’re looking for volunteers to take on coaching roles to support the first few Squirrels sections get up and running. You don’t need to be physically located next to a new Squirrels section as this role is intended to be an online coach, supported by our national Scout Active Support unit and HQ, using digital tools for discussions on successes, best practice and challenges.
The role of the ‘Early Years Cohort Coach’ is to support adult volunteers to plan, open, recruit, share best practice, run engaging and safe programmes, that results in high quality Squirrels provision for 4 and 5 year olds.
- New provision will benefit from support provided by their Scout Group and District team and in addition peer guidance and age specific expertise provided by the cohort.
- You'll bring together your cohort of volunteers from 10 units geographically spread across the UK using digital platforms such as Zoom.
- Through online meeting you will facilitate discussions to identify successes, challenges, sign posting available resources and training, sharing best practice on recruitment of adults and young people, particularly in under-represented communities.
- You'll share insight from your cohort with the HQ Early Years team enabling continuous improvements to national tools, programme and processes.
- You'll be supported by the HQ Early Years team who will provide a rolling programme of training, guidance, subject matter expertise, social catch up’s, and a cohort coach peer to peer programme.
- The term of this role is 6 months. At the end of this period you may opt to coach another cohort.
Thu, September 30, 2021, 12:00 AM