18 – 25 UK Role Pool - 2021 Members
The application period for this role has been extended to Sunday 26 September 2021.
We’re really interested in hearing from young people who are from communities that are under-represented in the Scouts, including young people from black, asian and minority ethnic communities. You don’t have to be a Scout, just passionate about ensuring that young people across the UK have the opportunity to be fully included in the Scouts and develop Skills for Life.
This an exciting opportunity to join a new pool of 18–25-year-olds who have an interest in taking on a National role in Scouts.
As part of the pool, you'll have the opportunity to register your interest in exciting roles as they come available, some of which will be at short notice. As well as working alongside the UK Leadership Team and other volunteer colleagues you'll work in partnership with staff across the UKHQ team.
From being a member of a Project Board on one of our Programmes of Work, to interviewing for a new UK Commissioner, there will be a range of short- and long-term roles available to members of the pool.
Some members will find themselves a new role quickly and will be supported and mentored in their new role as part of the next steps as they move out of the pool. Some roles may be short-term roles and we will work with you to try to identify the best role for you based on the volunteer vacancies at the time. However, there is no guarantee of securing a national role by being in the role pool.
A key benefit to being on the pool is the experience you will gain, the personal development and mentoring you will receive, and the opportunities that come available as we progress work on our #SkillsForLife Strategy.
Being part of the role pool has not only given me the opportunity to be involved in a project that I have a real interest in but it has also allowed me to make so many friends from all around the U.K. some of which I might have never met if it wasn’t for the Role Pool.
Role Pool Member
Benefits to you
By joining the role pool, you will:
- Develop new skills and experience, which look great on a CV or application form
- Benefit from a programme of mentoring and skills development
- Work with mentors to grow and develop
- Contribute to the progress of our strategy, making Scouts happen for hundreds of thousands of people across the UK.
Skills and abilities –
You’ll be a great fit for the role pool if you can:
- Communicate effectively with others
- Work and engage with both young people and adults
- Contribute to meetings and share your ideas
- Lead, motivate and inspire others
Knowledge and experience –
It would be helpful for you to:
- Have worked effectively in a team in the past
- Had experience of sharing your views and ideas with others
- Have some experience of youth involvement
Personal qualities –
We’re looking for people to apply who:
- Are eager to learn and develop new skills
- Want to make a difference to Scouts across the UK
- Will commit to Scouts fundamentals, rules and policies
- Have enough time available for the role, including at weekends, sometimes requiring travel
How to apply
The closing date for applications is Sunday 26 September.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview in October.
An induction day for new role pool members will take place on 17 October which you must be available to join.
The selection panel is keen receive applications from a wide range of individuals and backgrounds.
When completing the application form, please refer to the role description and address each of the items listed in the person specification. This will help the selection panel understand how you meet the requirements of the role.
You'll also need to complete the diversity monitoring form.
Sun, September 26, 2021, 11:59 PM