- When vessels are hired or chartered the activity rules of the Association apply.
- Before entering into a hire agreement which includes an indemnity clause (i.e. where it is assumed that the hirer will be responsible for damage, injury or loss) the agreement must be referred to Headquarters (see Rule 9.9(e)).
- Where the vessel is chartered to be under the command of professional staff, the rules relating to permits do not apply.
- When taking Members as passengers on hired sailing or powered craft, the leader responsible must:
- have reasonable grounds to believe the person in charge of the craft, who must be either the owner or authorised by the owner, has the necessary knowledge, skill and experience;
- ensure that the party understands the discipline necessary for safety including any local regulations or bye laws which may apply.