- Snowsports environment definitions;
- Off Piste – Outside of marked and patrolled snowsports areas;
- On Piste – Within the marked and patrolled snowsports areas, including snowparks, except for those defined as nursery slopes;
- Nursery slopes – on piste runs designated for beginners by the body responsible for the snowsports area;
- Artificial slopes – either an indoor slope or an outdoor dry ski slope; except snowparks.
- Short term personal permit exemptions can be granted by appropriately qualified people, as described in the snowsports factsheet FS120457
- For off piste snowsports, the relevant Terrain 1 or Terrain 2 Hillwalking Winter permit is also required.
- Helmets must be worn by all those taking part in snowsports activities, except in the case of cross country skiing, ski touring when in walk mode or 9.33e.
- A Sikh wearing a Turban may choose to take part in snowsports activities without a helmet. This does not apply to a Sikh wearing a top knot.
NOTE: More information regarding these rules can be found at in FS120424 Winter Sports