Skip to main content


  1. Where payment is involved the flight must be under the provision of an Air Operators Certificate (Balloon) holder.

  2. Where payment is not involved the pilot must hold a UK PPL (Balloon and Airship) and have at least 100 hours as pilot in charge of the type of balloon (hot air or gas) being used.