Paddle the Amazon
The #PaddleTheAmazon event is now over, check out how many miles were paddled below!
In July, we challenged you to find your local water centre and get paddling.
With thanks to our partner Jaffa and supported by British Canoeing, we’re thrilled to say 4,122 people took part. Not only did you manage to paddle the length of the Amazon River, you nearly did it twice, logging a huge 7,238 miles!
A huge thank you to everyone who took part, we hope you enjoyed it.
By taking part in #PaddleTheAmazon you will be able to work towards the following badges and awards:
- Cubs Our Skills Challenge Award
- Scouts Skills Challenge Award
- Nautical skills staged activity badge
- Paddle sports staged activity badge
- Time on water staged activity badge
- British Canoeing's Paddle Start Award
Our ambassador Sarah Khumalo is the first black African woman to summit Everest and stand at the South Pole.
Sal Montgomery, is a Scout Adventurer and the person who saved Steve Backshall's life when kayaking in 2019.
Who’s it for?