This activity involves reading the story 'If I built a school' by Chris Van Dusen. Make sure you pick up a copy of this before the meeting or share the video below at the start of the meeting.Borrow this book
Before you begin
- This is a great activity to run during an online session. Check out the advice on using Zoom and other popular digital platforms and the guidance on being safe online.
- Think about how you’ll make sure everyone has the equipment they’ll need. You know your group best: some people have been dropping equipment packs at people’s doors while others have been sending links to buy things online. Don’t forget you’ll need some too so you can show everyone what to do.
- Think about how you'll explain the instructions to everyone on the call and how you can make sure that everyone has the opportunity to take part in the meeting.
If I built a school
- The person leading the activity should welcome everyone to the online meeting and mute them.
- Read 'If I built a school' by Chris Van Dusen, a book discussing what makes everyone special.
- After reading this story, take some time to reflect on it as a group.
We've included some questions to help you reflect in the pink box below
Make it accessible
All Scout activities should be inclusive and accessible.