You will need
- Coloured pens or pencils
Your collection has won an award. You’re going to be interviewed by the press and have been asked to talk about one of your favourite objects from your collection.
- Get the group to divide into pairs: one will be the collector; the other the interviewer.
- Participants should look at the collections, and the interviewer ask the collector questions such as:
- Which is your favourite object from your collection?
- What is your favourite thing about the object?
- Where did you get it?
- Does it have a function? What does it do?
- Is it rare?
- Ask them to swap around their roles, so both participants have a chance to ask and answer questions.
- As a group, discuss: What was the most interesting thing you found out about the other person’s collection?
This activity requires you to explain what it is about your collections that you like, and why you’ve collected them. How easy do you find it to explain why you like things? Is it easy talking about something you’re interested in? Was it nice to hear about other collections? Think about one new thing you found out today.