Volunteer Journey Executive
The volunteer journey describes an adult volunteer’s path through the Scouts. It goes from the moment they are first recruited and welcomed into the movement, through appointment and induction and into training, recognition and review.
We want to make this journey easier and more rewarding for all volunteers. As part of the Skills for Life strategy we are developing and supporting amazing section leaders by:
- Making sure that section leader teams have the right support for the future, by ensuring we have the right adult roles responsible for the right things
- Transforming the adult recruitment and joining process, making sure it is inclusive and welcoming
- Simplify training, focusing on developing and supporting amazing section leaders
- Creating a positive and rewarding volunteer experience for new and existing volunteers
- Helping equip section leader teams with the practical skills and knowledge needed to deliver a challenging and adventurous programme
To do this we are fundamentally reviewing our whole volunteer journey, including how we attract, recruit, appoint, train, review, recognise and refresh all of our adult roles. We have started from scratch to design a process, based on user research that provides a great experience and makes the best use of digital technology.
This role will assist the Volunteering Transformation Manager in partnership with volunteer and staff colleagues to design and develop processes and support resources to transform the journey. This will help us recruit more volunteers and provide a quality and positive volunteer experience to enable us to provide even more young people with skills for life.
Working at the Scouts
Before making an application please ensure that you have read the Recruitment and selection policy.
In order for us to monitor the application of our Equal Opportunities policy, we would be grateful if you would also complete the Recruitment Monitoring questions on the Application Form.
If you would to discuss the role in more detail, please contact recruitment@Scouts.org.uk
Please read the full application pack before applying.
Closing date for applications is 23:59 on 11 May 2021
Interviews will be held on 19 May 2021
£35,354 per annum (inclusive of Outer London Weighting), Band F, Level 3
Gilwell Park, Chingford, London
Two Year Fixed Term Contract
35 hours per week
25 days per annum plus bank holidays
Tue, May 11, 2021, 11:00 PM
Working at The Scout AssociationFind out what it's like to work at Scouts and all the benefits it offers.