Vetting And Safeguarding Collaboration Lead
An exciting opportunity to join the Scouts team as part of a collaboration with Girlguiding UK and the Pears Foundation.
It’s an exciting time at both Scouts and Girlguiding. We are working together to make the experience for volunteers more inclusive, accessible and welcoming. We want all our volunteers to continue to feel valued, starting from the very first moment they start the recruitment and joining process. This role will greatly contribute to an exciting collaborative project between the organisations, funded by Pears Foundation, which aims to:
- Improve the volunteer experience for new people joining our organisations, as well as those who already volunteer but are changing role.
- Make the recruitment and joining process easier and more inclusive, removing barriers for accessibility and supporting people from underrepresented backgrounds to volunteer.
- Remove some of the administrative burden for current volunteers, making the process more intuitive and flexible.
- Meet modern expectations around volunteering and better suit people’s lifestyles- matching people’s skills sets and needs with the needs of our units and groups.
- Give people options to more easily support both charities and remove barriers for those who volunteer across both.
To help us achieve our shared aims, we are looking for someone with a strong understanding and experience of vetting and safeguarding practices involved with recruiting and onboarding volunteers.
Through aligning our already strong and robust vetting and safeguarding processes, we can make it easier for volunteers to support both organisations, making cross organisational working easier and more effective for future meetings and events.
The role will specifically lead on developing these processes, working with volunteers and staff from across the separate organisations. The role will ensure processes are more aligned, easy to navigate and inclusive- whilst keeping everyone safe.
The right individual for this role will have a passion for collaborative working, sharing best practice and finding practical solutions.
Working at the Scouts
Before making an application please ensure that you have read the Recruitment and selection policy.
In order for us to monitor the application of our Equal Opportunities policy, we would be grateful if you would also complete the Recruitment Monitoring questions on the Application Form.
If you would to discuss the role in more detail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the full application pack before applying.
Closing date for applications is 23:59 on Wednesday 12 May 2021
Interviews will be held on Thursday 27 May and will include a short presentation
£25,838 per annum which is pro rata of £43,064 per annum (inclusive of Outer London Weighting), representing Band G, Level 3
Scouts HQ at Gilwell Park, Chingford, London and Girlguiding HQ at Buckingham Palace Road, London
Fixed Term July 2021 - December 2022
21 hours per week
25 days per annum plus bank holidays
Wed, May 12, 2021, 11:59 PM
Working at The Scout AssociationFind out what it's like to work at Scouts and all the benefits it offers.